Monday, December 28, 2009

"10 things": #2 - All the world's a stage


I love the Super Bowl, don't get me wrong, and I'm already licking my chops for 2012's Summer Olympics in London, but for my money there's no better event in sports than the World Cup. In 2010 the cup travels to South Africa, where five new stadiums are hastily being built to push the host country's total venues to thirteen. Rumors continue to circulate that the games may be relocated to a different site due to a number of issues, but at this stage such a notion seems highly unlikely and hopefully won't detract from the sport itself. Most intriguing for Americans? The US team's easiest road to the knockout stages perhaps ever, and a chance to stick it to England in a first round match up. Anything can happen on the world's largest single-sport stage, and come June 11, you can bet I'll be watching eagerly.

No comments: