Saturday, September 8, 2007

The reflective practitioner

Highlights from the first week of teaching:
- the opening ceremony of my school's culture festival, during which a student wearing a spideman mask inexplicably ran through the crowd shouting in random Japanese
- being bum-rushed by four male students who proceeded to pet my arm hair until their teacher asked them to stop
- mistakenly answering "Monkeys. I've always wanted to see one in the wild," when asked by a student in front of the entire school what my favorite anime was
- seeing a Japanese teacher from my school at a karaoke bar and having him shout "We are co-workers!" as he bought me drinks

Never a dull moment.

1 comment:

Mom said...

What a great week! Wish mine had been as eventful. Although it was interesting to see/hear that KM now plays music when there is 1 minute left in the passing period to reduce tardies and a group of thespians correographed a routine to do in the halls ala High School Musical.