Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Rugby 3.0

That cool breeze blowing across the Pacific this week is me exhaling after finally relinquishing my organizing duties yesterday. The 7th Annual Tokushima AJET Touch Rugby Tournament has come and passed, and while I'm happy to put the work behind me, I'll be sad to miss out on the action next year. The much-improved Su-touch-i squad finished with 26 points and its first ever top half finish, but as always the best moments of the weekend occurred off the pitch and in the company of 300 new friends. Here's a look at what has become far and away my favorite event of the year:


breaking it down before the first game


lookin' like Ryan Grant in the open field


beaten but not finished


giving a pep talk


swapping teams


a tired but pleased Su-touch-i team

No comments: