Thursday, September 10, 2009

Checking in

When I first walked into my apartment here two years ago, I took one look at the shoddy TV I was inheriting and the sparse collection of Japanese PS2 games left for me and nodded my approval. I was afraid that any upgrade from my existing undesirable set up would take up too much of my time, and after all, I was in Japan. I had things to do.

Two years later, I've grown comfortable enough with my experiences to upgrade both the TV and the PS2, and appropriately I've found that my original fears were justified. Being able to watch SportsCenter in the morning and unwind with The Dark Knight in HD at night has left me contented but admittedly distracted. Hence, 9 days, 0 blog posts. My bad.

I'm turning my head around now, however, and am happy to report that I've got some exciting projects coming up that should kick this "final year" into gear. In the meantime I'm just enjoying the dying breaths of summer and readjusting the output on my computer so you can all hear me again. Hope all's well, and I hope you're still there to listen.

No comments: