Friday, February 19, 2010

Open for input

Playing an acoustic night with my good friend Adam next month and currently paring down song choices. Were thinking about a collection of Beatles "deep cuts" (if such a thing exists), but we still need input.

Anyway, just had a fun thought that I'd put it to a vote. Check out the songs below, rank them in order from best to worst (or rather "should play" to "shouldn't play"), and with my fingers loosely crossed I'll promise to include the top 3 or 4 songs in our short set. Onegaishimasu!

- You've Got to Hide Your Love Away (Help!)
- I've Just Seen A Face (Help!)
- I'm A Loser (Beatles For Sale)
- Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby (Carl Perkins/Beatles For Sale)
- I'll Follow The Sun (Beatles For Sale)
- Norwegian Wood (Rubber Soul)
- I'm Looking Through You (Rubber Soul)
- Oh! Darling (Abbey Road)
- With a Little Help from My Friends (Sgt. Pepper's)
- Across the Universe (Let It Be)

3 comments:

The Mom said...

Play:
I'll Follow the Sun
You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
With a Little Help from my Friends
Norwegian Wood

AC said...

I suggest:

Follow the Sun
You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
Oh! Darling
Across the Universe

(Really can't go wrong with any of them)

Jeff said...

Only two songs so we went with "Norwegian Wood" and "Oh! Darling." Unfortunately no recordings this time, but hopefully I'll remember to bring my camera to the next one.