Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Best picture ever

Goes to this gem from sconnie.com:



I know I'm late on this one (I more or less stopped reading the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel online when I realized that students building a swing set on the roof of a school somehow qualifies as a newsworthy controversy), but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to jump on the slogan-hating bandwagon.

Where did this "live like you mean it" come from? Who were the geniuses hired to sit in a room and come up with this, and moreover who hired them to do so? Are people in Wisconsin overly proud of their ability to "live like they mean it"? Are other states somehow living with less conviction? Color me cynical, but I prefer the motto offered up by the guys at Sconnie: "Wisconsin: Eat a brat, Have some cheese, Drink a beer."

It may not be glamorous, but it sounds a lot more like the dairy state to me.

No comments: