Monday, January 19, 2009

Off the plane

It's been a while, but it's time to officially bring the blog into 2009. I've been back in Japan for a week and a half now but only unpacked yesterday, so I'm a little scatterbrained but all ready to roll up my sleeves and dive into the new year.

A lot has happened in the 4+ weeks since I left for home. I spent a lot of time laying low and more time watching football in Wisconsin, which I think always yields positive results. I went to see the movie Slumdog Millionaire with my parents, which was fantastic. I also got some swimming in and ate the best banana I've ever tasted in Hawaii, which was very exciting for me. And now rehearsals for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are over a week in progress and are going terrifically. It all makes for an exhausting month or so, but I'm excited to be back and happy to say that I'm content as I've ever been. There's more busy times ahead and some fairly large "big picture" type decisions looming, but bear with me as I'm going to try and keep one hand on the keyboard and my head screwed squarely on. I hope I haven't lost anyone already.

Here's to a new president and to a great start to 2009.

No comments: