Monday, October 6, 2008

At the zoo

I'll sheepishly plead ignorance on this one. What may have otherwise been an unremarkable trip to the Tokushima Zoo on Saturday became a landmark even when I stumbled upon this guy, the lesser panda.


*warning: this is the cutest thing you will ever see in this space

How I made it 24 years through life without any knowledge of the lesser (or "red") panda, I'll never know, but I will forever be thankful for the day we first met. Rumor has it they're going extinct too - just one of the many awesome joys of deforestation - but I'll gladly help to protect them by adopting one.



The lesser panda may be native to China, but this clip is distinctly Japanese in it's cuteness. Watch closely as Becky gets panda-slapped by the soft paw of adorability.



All in all, an excellent day at the zoo.

No comments: