Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I'll be around

Well, it may not be a surprise to many people, but I've decided to stay in Japan for a second year. I turned in my forms on Friday and am now officially a Tokushima resident until at least August 2009. What many people don't know, however, is why I made the decision to stay. Hopefully this will set the record straight.

In September of this year, I will welcome my first child into this world. The mother is a 19-year-old girl named 嘘つき, a student at Shikoku University. Basically, we met at the Outback Steakhouse in Osaka, I bought her a Binion's, complimented her on her tote bag, and the next thing you know - baby time. Anyway, I thought the whole thing would be funny and full of gay jokes, like in that movie Knocked Up, but it's actually not that cool. Apparently the things take nine months to form or something, so I figure I should be here at least until he's born just to say what's up. Gotta be the responsible parent.

Of course, we don't know that it's going to be a boy, but I like to think I've got that kind of touch, so to speak. We've already decided on names too. If it's a boy, he'll be Kikko, and if a girl, Yuki. That way I figure we can always just shorten her name to "Yu" whenever we need something. I've started to think about child support as well, so if you want to send me donations, or even like, Domino's coupons, you can mail them to the address below. Either way, 嘘つき and I would appreciate your support as we navigate through this moderately difficult time.

See you on the streets,
Jeff

#4C Matsumoto Bldg.
1-27 Kuramoto-cho
Tokushima-shi 770-0042
JAPAN

No comments: